Sunday 26 May 2013

outsourcing your life

might sound kind of foreign to most of us, but we've actually been doing it for the longest time!

have a domestic helper at home? well, then that's you/your parents outsourcing the cleaning/care-taking/etc portion of things to your friendly Maria, instead of them doing it themselves, because their time is better spent making money than doing every single nitty-gritty household chore

just like any savvy manager that does a proper cost comparison before embarking on outsourcing certain of a company's services, we too can do that with our lives!

imagine your life/yourself as a company, and if at certain times, if it would be more cost and time savvy to do the activity yourself, or would it be more practical to get someone else to do the job?

I decided to blog a little about this, having just finished doing the steaming of my work clothes, and I thought that the few things that I would definitely outsource when I have the financial ability to, is definitely ironing/steaming, following by cleaning and the preparation of my own meals.

I wash my own clothes, I iron them, I hang them up, I steam them, I fold them, I pack my own room, dust it, I prepare my own breakfast and sometimes dinner, if I'm not, then I'm probably eating out, boy, I am even the one giving myself my own pocket money *pat on the back*

nonetheless, there're certain things that one definitely cannot outsource, say, the care-taking of your child during the important periods, being there for family, friends or etc. because the cost component can't really measure against the relationship portion. and I guess that's what largely defines us as humans, there's only that much that a domestic helper or any artificial intelligence can do.

what will you first outsource be?

No comments:

Post a Comment