Thursday 23 May 2013

when I grow up

I wanna be a star, I wanna get rich, I wanna be famous

hahahaha! I hope I got the lyrics right, for PCD's "When I Grow Up"

Being the kid in the family that has really been influenced by the media, I always thought it would be awesome if I got to do something in front of the screen, or at least behind the radio. Anything associated with the term celebrity or media face/voice seemed to have always caught my attention.

The reason I'm writing this is because of a small happening at a coffee shop near office during lunch time. Just factually reporting the situation, one of the store owner came up to me and told me it's such a waste that I'm not casting on local television, the humble me couldn't help but secretly be happy for the small compliment. Though I know it's the colour of my hair that makes me look like I'm some kpopstarwannabeyadayada.

Some people have also told me that I may have a radio voice when I tried, and a friend added that that also meant I had a radio face, hahaha, I guess it swings both ways!

I wished someone gave me a break, and I would like to start small and work my way up, since I don't really think that I was born for this; with a natural knack for just speaking in front of a big crowd and talking about just anything under the sun, but quite honestly, I'm willing to work for it.

I've tried being a small time presenter, not sure if it even qualifies as presenting. And basically, we just ended up with like what, 20 takes? Ha ha! It was good fun though! I also tried doing Voice Over before, with a script behind the backdrop, hahahahahaha!



Being someone who's really media conscious also means that the way I look at things and people get 'distorted' as well. I look at people through the lens; a really distorted paradigm, that eventually affects the way I perceive and think about things and those around and in front of me.

It works both ways.

Quite interestingly, I was wondering, what if media never existed, how would that have affected the way we turned out? The way we look and think of people and things? How different would it be?

2 comments:

  1. was bloghopping and found your blog! is that you in the video? i think you have a nice voice! :>

    i'm on this fb group that i think you might be interested, they usually post when they need talents / people to talk or act, most of them are paid! you can check it out!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/143232105689606/

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! yeap, that's me alright! thanks so much for the link! :D I'll definitely check it out!

      Delete