Sunday 30 March 2014

pause for tomorrow



Ripping the title off one of the better entries for CMPA. A really relevant short-film that describes in 78 seconds, the kind of rush the current society is in. Day to day, hour to hour, minute-to-minute kind of hustle, seeking to earn the kind of money we splurge on things we don't need to impress people we don't have to.

The point of it all? I plant my question mark again.

Chilling at Punggol End with my gaming laptop, mobile hotspot and limited battery, it seems like a good day to really stop, and think about all the has gone by and the decided and yet uncertain future.

I hold firm to the fact that nothing is confirmed until it happens.

I quote one of the instructors I met recently from OCS, he's a Physical Training Instructor now and really enlightened a few of us when he said that "he was at peace with himself" and is pursuing something of interest, something you don't drag yourself out of bed and your shoes to, and that he's done with the paper-chase most Singaporeans and youths of society are stuck in. While I may agree with him, I must say that to each his own.

And like I always do, wherever you go, bring the right spirit and attitude along, love what you do and you'll be doing what you love. Like Paulo Coelho says, that when you've set your mind to it and committed to the success of it "And when you want something, the entire Universe conspires to achieve it". Unless of course you're definite that this one thing is something that you have absolute no interest in, then I would say, stay no further. You're not a tree.

Making my plans for my 24th, which I had initially no plans for since there're already so many big plans this year. Let's just say that it's the year for change, but I'll definitely be sure to live it right.

Made some bad decisions at the beginning of the year, yet, in a different light, it gives one to offer advice from experience, which is priceless and less refutable.

Sometimes we just have to go #yolo, but as I always say, #yolo responsibly

No comments:

Post a Comment