Thursday 4 April 2013

Eating Grass

I would never, ever pay $4 or more for a bowl of Salad. Never, I always tell myself that. I mean, who would?! (actually, I know so many people that actually do that)

$8, $10, $12 for some green, a few sprinkle of nuts, a little sauce and sometimes some bacon bits. My goodness! If the aunties in the wet market knew about this, they would open a salad store / option and strike it rich! #ideasia maybe I should do that

So anyway, I've started to incorporate a bit more green into my meals, especially for dinner! I'm not a professional nor an advocate of healthy eating and living, so here I am, only to share my realisations of eating more green!

1. You feel lighter!
As compared to a plate of chicken rice or mee goreng, which I would usually crave for, having Salad actually means that you let your digestive system skip the more difficult to digest portions like Carbs and stuffs. Or at least I think so!

2. It helps your digestive system!
More fiber = a more functional digestive system I think!

3. There's less cleaning to do!
You know how your oily chicken bits gets your chopping board, pots, knives and cutlery greasy and all? When you go full green the cleaning up is really fast and easy!

And there are so many more! Just Google "Benefits of Salad" and tonnes of them would pop up! From better eye sight to fighting cancer, I guess the benefits are endless! Just make sure you eat them like 3 days within purchase and to wash them thoroughly to prevent over ingestion of pesticides and insecticides!

Well, here's something to share before I end the post!


Mixed Greens with Rockets, Chicken Thigh Cubes sprinkled with Lemon and Balsamic Vinaigrette!

Totally hits the spot! (I know it doesn't look very appetising with the lousy camera, ugly table and bad lighting. But it definitely tastes better than it looks #putonblindfoldandeat)

Upcoming experiments:

1. Fruit Salads
2. Asian Combinations - Tofu Sald
3. etc etc

No comments:

Post a Comment